2017 has been a year overrun with natural disasters and mass shootings. All of these incidents have made this year extremely difficult for many people. This holiday season, it’s more important than ever to inspire those who are feeling hopeless, helpless, forgotten or just temporarily disheartened. All it takes is one act of kindness to inspire hope and positive thoughts in others.
Here are a few ways in which you can inspire others this holiday season.
- Donate to charity. With so many people having lost so much, charitable organizations may need additional funds to provide for those in need this year.
- Volunteer in your community. Check out Volunteer Match.org. This is an awesome website that lists volunteer opportunities in your local area.
- Donate to your local food bank. If you are not sure of how to find your local Food Bank, check out Feeding America.org. This website lists a nationwide network of food banks, all you have to do in input your zip code. It’s that easy!
- Visit the elderly. Many seniors may feel isolated or lonely this holiday season so lift their spirits.
- Support businesses that are giving back. Many offices host donation drives. Toys for Tots, Angel Tree and Adopt a Vet are just a few. So give what you can to help those in need.